Monday, June 29, 2015

Spelt and Chocolate Zucchini Loaf



I consider myself a chocoholic and my love for chocolate goes back as long as I can remember. It has always been a comfort food for me, when I'm happy, sad or just peckish my go to is always something with chocolate. The idea that a zucchini loaf could possibly satisfy my chocolate cravings seemed a bit far fetched, that is until I sunk my teeth into this delicious, moist and addictive zucchini loaf.  It's hard to believe that this could actually have vegetables in it!

Ingredients


2 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup oil (heated coconut or vegetable oil of your choice)
2 cups shredded zucchini


Direction


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Mix until combined.

In a separate bowl add eggs and beat.  Using the beater continue mixing while adding honey, yogurt, oil and zucchini.

Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, folding it over with a spatula until just combined.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.




1 comment:

  1. What perfect timing. I was just wondering what to do with all the excess zucchini from my garden. Question - can I sub all purpose flour? I will try spelt at some point, but would rather use up what I have on hand first! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete