Saturday, November 15, 2014

Green & Bean Salad with Avocado & Cilantro Dressing


This wasn't initially going to be a blog post. I was lucky enough to have both Annabelle and Jolene napping at the same time, something that doesn't happen often, and whipped myself something up to eat for lunch. I posted a phone pic on Instagram and since I had a lot of positive reaction, I thought I would put the recipe up for those that were interested.

Ingredients


1 cup baby spinach
1 cup kale
1 cup napa cabbage, sliced
2 carrots, julienne
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup chick peas
1/4 cup kidney beans
1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped

Directions


In a large bowl toss all the ingredients and top with Cilantro & Avocado dressing (recipe follows).


Cilantro & Avocado Dressing


Ingredients


1 lemon juiced
1/2 avocado, mashed with a fork
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

Directions


In a bowl mash the avocado with a fork.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.  Alternatively you could use an emersion blender for a smoother consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment