Friday, August 1, 2014

Avocado Egg Salad


I absolutely love egg salad sandwiches! I have such fond childhood memories of visiting my Grandmother and eating egg salad sandwiches for lunch. She always served them with a glass of skim milk as well as cold celery and radishes, she kept them in water in the refrigerator so they were always cold.  I love that every time I eat egg salad I think of her.  She recently told me that the key to good egg salad is green onion instead of celery, so I stuck with her theory for this recipe.  

Here is a twist to the traditional egg salad.  By subbing avocado instead of mayonnaise you are adding healthy fat and a wonderful flavour.  I threw some diced tomato in because I love tomato on my egg salad and it goes really well with avocado.  


Ingredients


6 hard boiled eggs, peeled, cooled and chopped
1 avocado
1 tomato, diced
3 green onion stalks, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

Directions


In a bowl mash the avocado with the egg.  Mix in the tomato and green onion.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spread on bread of your choice and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment