Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cobb Salad My Way


It's hard to believe that we are creeping into the end of July already. Being off on maternity leave has definitely kept me busy.  I have been fortunate enough to spend more time outside this year than I have in years. Annabelle, my two year old, likes to be out and about, so we are always out on some sort of adventure while Jolene, my 10 week old, enjoys the comforts of Mom being bundled in a wrap. Needless to say that being this active requires nutritious food to keep us going.  This is Cobb Salad my way for a well rounded and easy lunch.

Ingredients


1/4 Nappa Cabbage, sliced
1/4 Red Cabbage, sliced
1 can black beans
1 red pepper, diced
4 eggs, hard boiled, cooled and sliced
1 cucumber, diced
2 cobs of corn, cooked, cooled and kernels removed from the cob
2 tomatoes, diced

Directions


In a large serving bowl toss cabbages together and line the plate.  Add the remaining ingredients in rows.  Serve with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe follows).  Serves 4.

Honey Dijon Vinaigrette


Ingredients


4 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

Directions


In a mason jar add all ingredients and shake until combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment