Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Black Quinoa & Chickpea Salad


Quinoa is a staple in our house.  To be honest, I can't even remember what we used to eat before it made it's way into my kitchen.  It is so simple to prepare, nutritious and tastes great!    I have recently started using black quinoa, it tastes the same as the white or red varieties, but I like the colour.  I love pairing warm quinoa with cold, fresh veggies or legumes.  Yum!

Ingredients


1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
1/2 can chickpeas
1/2 cucumber, diced,
1/2 yellow pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 carrot, finely grated
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
salt & pepper to taste

Directions


Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment