Thursday, September 19, 2013

Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potato & Grapes


It's hard to image that summer has already come and gone.  It was just a few weeks ago I prepared this salad to take on a picnic with my 17 month old daughter.  I'm sad to say it was probably our last picnic of 2013.  My daughter loves each of these ingredients on their own and when put together in a salad it went over fairly well.  She hasn't quite mastered the ability to chew cabbage, lettuce or raw kale, so I was able to use ingredients that she can manage and yet I would enjoy also.  This salad has since become a staple weeknight meal in my house.  It is easy to make, healthy and delicious!

Ingredients


2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 large sweet potato, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes
1 cup grapes, halved
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
1/4 cup Lemon Maple Vinaigrette (recipe follows)

Directions


Put all ingredients into a bowl and toss with Lemon Maple Vinaigrette.


Lemon Maple Vinaigrette


Ingredients


1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Directions


Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake until combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment