Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Sweet Pea Salad with Creamy Avocado Citrus Vinaigrette



A few weeks ago I was contacted by Uxbridge Town Talk, a local print publication, to contribute a summer salad recipe for their UTT Kitchen segment.  I immediately agreed and got to work! I had the weekend to put it all together,  so off to the farmer's market and the grocery store I went to get all the seasonal salad ingredients I could find.  I came home with enough produce to make salad for 25 people!  I got to work creating a variety of different salad and dressing ideas.  My husband and I tasted all the combinations that I came up with.  Finally deciding to go with this one because it was fresh, light and creamy.  A compliment to any summer meal.  

Welcome summer!  I'm so happy you're here.



Salad Ingredients


2-3 oz baby romaine
1/2 cucumber, cut into half moons
6-8 radishes, finely sliced
1/4 bunch parsley, cut into small florets
1bunch green onions, bias sliced
24 fresh sweet peas, peas removed from pods
1 handful sprouted peas, cut stems short

Dressing Ingredients


1/4 avocado
2 tablespoons creme fresh
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
fresh ground pepper and coarse salt to taste

Directions


In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients (except sprouted peas).

In a blender combine all dressing ingredients. . Blend until smooth.

Drizzle salad with Creamy Avocado Citrus dressing and garnish with sprouted peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment