Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sarah's Super Supper


I wanted to have a vegetarian meal that included as many super foods as I could (or that I had on hand).  This is what I came up with!  Even my meat loving husband enjoyed this one.

Ingredients


1 cup green lentils
1 cup quinoa
1 cup freekeh
1/2 cup thinly sliced kale
1/3 cucumber, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 1/2 lemons, juiced
1" fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chili pepper, finely sliced with seeds
1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions


Cook the lentils, quinoa and freekeh at the same time.  Following the instructions on the package.  It should be around 15-20 minutes.

While the above is cooking in a small sauce pan combine lemon juice, ginger, garlic, red chili and olive oil.  Heat on low for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl combine cooked lentil, quinoa and freekeh.  Toss with dressing from saucepan.

Add kale, cucumber and parsley.  Toss and serve!


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make this but wanted to know is the red chili pepper a hot chili? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a hot chili. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete